888 17th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-3402
Phone: (202) 223-6539
Fax: (202) 223-6625
Criminal Felony Trials
White Collar Criminal Defense
Grand Jury Investigations
Thomas Abbenante's practice focuses on criminal defense
and litigation, before all federal courts and the local
courts, of the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth
of Virginia. Mr. Abbenante's criminal practice has included representation
of defendants charged with serious misdemeanors and
all felonies, including capital death penalty cases.
Mr. Abbenante's white collar practice has included representation
of defendants charged with mail fraud, tax fraud, wire
fraud, insurance fraud, bank fraud, health care fraud,
racketeering, and violation of federal securities regulations.
Mr. Abbenante received his B.A. in 1972 from American University in Washington, DC. and his J.D. in 1975
from Howard University School of Law.
Mr. Abbenante is a member of:
- The District of Columbia Bar,
- The Bar of the Commonwealth of Virginia,
- The Supreme Court of the United States,
- The United States Court of Appeals for the District
of Columbia Circuit,
- The United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the
District of Columbia,
- The United States District Courts for the Eastern
and Western Districts of Virginia,
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth
- The United States Tax Court.
Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating: 1997 to Present
Best Lawyers, Washingtonian
Magazine: 2010 to Present
Washington Post: 2010 to Present
Super Lawyers Washington, D.C.: 2011 to Present
Inducted Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers: 2010 to present